Friday, June 25, 2021

Carla Wicks, Author, that still small Whisper

June 25th, 2021

It's been awhile since I last blogged here and much has happened in not only my life but the lives of everyone around the globe.  2020 happened.  A Global pandemic. The way we interacted with each other changed and many found themselves isolated, hungry for a touch and desperate in their soul.  Fear tried to latch on to hearts and minds and in many cases accomplished just that leading to more loneliness and despair.

But good I truly believe comes from bad.  I have witnessed it in my own life and it has been a resounding theme making me the person I am today. I learned after several experiences that if I would take the very thing meant for my destruction and turn it around for good something exponential happened.  The good outweighed the bad and brought a joy I still find hard to adequately explain.  I also took what was meant to bring me down and purposed to help others navigate their own quicksand valley. 

So last year in my time, which I had plenty of, I dusted off a devotional/prayer guide I had done with a few ladies and got it ready for publication.  I added more personal stories and born was: that still small Whisper.  I truly believe the power in the 40 short daily entries will take the weariness of life and bring inspiration and motivation for everyone to have a daily personal encounter where disappointments fade, burdens are lifted and hope is renewed.

So grab a copy of the book on Amazon or Barnes and Noble and be prepared to hear more than you ever imagined and in turn be an inspiration to those you come in contact.




No comments:

Post a Comment