Thursday, January 1, 2015

Three attitudes

I am blogging again.  Hadn't done much writing since early 2013 but have determined to get more regular in 2015.

During a season of frustration in late 2014 I inquired of the Lord.  I needed direction.  I was approaching my 60th birthday and I was miserable.  I knew in my heart God was with me but I didn't know what to do as I faced some challenges.  I prayed and He answered, BIG time.  What He spoke to my heart I knew was Him because it kinda smarted.  You know,  felt a bit uncomfortable.  But as a obedient child of God I purposed to commit my ways to Him.  What happened in the next few weeks was puzzling but had the hand of God all over it.  The story wouldn't mean much to anyone but me but the three directives He gave me I know will help anyone who is searching for answers, feels lost, or is discouraged.

This is what He spoke to me.  "I want you to be content where you are, practice gratitude for life in the present and be joyful always."  The three components: Contentment, Gratitude and Joy.

It was a tall order for me at the time but what has come from it is so very special.  I have learned to rest in my present life being satisfied AS IT IS.  I amped up my thanksgiving to include ALL my blessings, even the ones that don't look like blessings. I determined to be showing joy EVERYWHERE I went.

So my questions for you to reflect upon:
1) Are you content or are you constantly looking for more, change, a different way?
2) Do you spend ample time each day being grateful for your blessings as well as you struggles?  You know, being grateful IN everything not FOR everything - big difference.  Grateful in the good times and in the NOT SO good times.
3) Are you full of joy? Like a Jewish Kiddush cup, does it overflow from you so others are nourished by the abundance in your life?  Are you offering it to others?

In your daily time of rest and reflection you might ponder these things and inquire of the Lord for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment